Christian Chavanel is a railway professional with more than 30 years experience in international development, project management, operations, maintenance, safety, standardization, and regulatory affairs for the railway sector.
He is an engineer, and a graduate of an Executive MBA (ESSEC & Mannheim).
He holds a MIT certificate on ‘Artificial Intelligence and its implications for Business Strategy’.
He was notably:
– Head of a consulting mission for S.N.T.F. (Société Nationale des Transports Ferroviaires) in Algiers;
– Interoperability & Standardization Director in SNCF from 2014 to June 2019;
– Expert at OTIF (Intergovernmental Organisation for International Carriage by Rail) in Bern from 2014 to 2019;
– Chairman of CEN-CENELEC Sector Forum Rail from 2016 to 2019;
– COO (SNCF Regional Transportation);
– PMO (SNCF Regional Transportation);
– Head of Paris Gare de Lyon station;
– Infrastructure District manager.
He is today UIC Director of the Rail System in UIC (International Union of Railways).